Fall 2020 Raffle
FRIENDS OF TROOP 101
- This raffle is organized and run by the ‘Friends of Troop 101’ an ad hoc group consisting of Troop 101 Scout parents and others interested in the future of Troop 101 – BSA.
- Funds raised by this raffle are to be used to support Troop 101, Scouts of the Troop and Boy Scouting activities in the Cheyenne area.
- The First Prize in this raffle is to be a Weatherby Vanguard 6.5 Creedmoor rifle, with 20×50 Vortex scope, sling, bipod, case and 200 rounds of ammunition valued at $1800. Should the first prize winner desire another item as his prize, or should the winner not be eligible to purchase the rifle, the winner will receive a Sportsman’s Warehouse gift card in the amount of $1500.
- The Second Prize in this raffle is to be a Remington 870 12-gauge vented rib shotgun with a case and a case of Aquila shells. valued at $500. Should the first prize winner desire another item as his prize, or should the winner not be eligible to purchase the shotgun, the winner will receive a Sportsman’s Warehouse gift card in the amount of $400.
- Each prize will actually be in the form of a gift card to Sportsman’s Warehouse in an amount to cover the cost of the rifle, or shotgun, package. The winner will actually purchase their rifle or shotgun from Sportsman’s Warehouse and will handle all background checks, paperwork, etc
- The winners are responsible for any tax liability on their prize.
- This raffle is scheduled to be run from September 1, 2020 until October 31, 2020.
- The prize drawing will be held at the Sportsman’s Warehouse in Cheyenne at High Noon on October 31, 2020.
- The prize drawing will be done blindly by an uninterested Sportsman’s Warehouse employee.
- The winners will be notified by phone and/or internet as soon as possible after the drawing.
- You need not be present to win.
- You must be eighteen years old to buy tickets.
- A total of 400 (four hundred) tickets will be issued. All tickets and stubs will be numbered.
- Stubs will have the purchaser’s telephone and email. This information will not be disseminated outside but may be used to advise purchasers of potential future raffles.
- Tickets will be priced at $20 each, or 3 tickets for $50.
- All ticket sales are final and non-refundable.
- Checks are to be made out to “Friends of Troop 101”.
- If tickets are paid for by the check, the winner’s check must clear before prize package is transferred to them.
- Tickets will be sold by adults only. Scouts will not be allowed to sell raffle tickets per BSA policy
- Those selling tickets will check them out from the Treasurer and return funds from sold tickets to the Treasurer. Those selling tickets will be held responsible for their tickets.
- Funds and stubs for sold tickets as well as any unsold tickets must be returned to the Treasurer no later than the regular scout meeting on Wednesday, October 28, 2020.
- Funds from ticket sales will go into the Troop 101 Product checking account. After the raffle disbursements from this account may be made by vote of the Troop Committee. Disbursements may be made prior to that time from this account by the Treasurer for prizes, mailing costs, printing and other nominal administrative costs.
- A disbursement may be made for a $100 Dinner gift card to be given with our gratitude to whoever the Treasurer determines is the top ticket seller.
- The Treasurer will keep records of tickets checked out and sold as well as deposit of funds into the product account and monies taken from the account. The Treasurer will maintain transparency and make such records available for requests in a reasonable manner.
- In the case of any disagreements or disputes, the decision of Troop 101’s “Key 3” (Scoutmaster, Troop Committee Chair and Chartered Organization Representative) will be final.
Thank you for supporting Troop 101 and GOOD LUCK!